Thinking about starting your own business? As any seasoned entrepreneur will tell you, starting a new business is not always easy. From testing the market to accessing capital, there are many roadblocks you may encounter along the way. The Palm Coast Business Assistance Center offers an array of business services and guidance to meet you where you are, including online tools and videos provided by Florida Small Business Development Center (SBDC), as well as our step-by-step local Business Guide.
The following videos are a collection of six short videos designed to provide you with fundamental overview of what it takes to start a business. We highly suggest watching these videos first before meeting with one of our consultants. Once finished, be sure to review our ‘how to guide’ and schedule your FREE consultation appointment by filling out our request form.
- Select the Idea (9 minutes)
- Test the Market (11 minutes)
- Access Capital (11 minutes)
- Write a Business Plan (5 minutes)
- Understand Legal Requirements (30 minutes)
- Putting it All Together (7 minutes)
Other Resources & Assistance for New Businesses
Below are additional resources and assistance opportunities for new business. The BAC is here to assist in connecting with you with the right resources and guiding you along the way.
- Deciding Your Business Structure – Your form of business determines which income tax return you have to file. The most common forms of business are sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, and S corporation.
- Starting in Palm Coast – Basic steps for establishing a business in Palm Coast. Contains information on how to establish a business name or obtaining a business tax receipt.
- Writing a Business Plan – Outline in how to get a business plan started
- Tips to Land Your First Customer – Sales and marketing approaches for launching your business
- Funding & Financial Support